Monday, March 2, 2009

Weekend

Luca is here! And he's amazing, of course. But he's keeping Erin and Eric busy and sleep-deprived.

Meanwhile, Tristen and I picked up Roo in the wagon and headed to the park down the street. Tristen and Roo sang and giggled all the way there -- and then had a blast climbing, making birthday cakes in the sandbox, and having cheese and crackers during a few fabulous moments of sunshine.

It got a little cold for us at the park once the clouds came in, so we decided to head to downtown Fremont for some steamed milk. Tristen and Roo were really fun and easy. But I thought I might never get them back up Fremont Avenue. Took me 35 minutes to make it back, alternating pulling, then pushing.

At one point, I said I needed a cheer, so they both started shouting the only one they knew: "Oh-bom-ah; oh-bom-ah." They did it for a long time, and it did strengthen my resolve. Some pix below.




On Sunday morning Tristen and I met up with Uncle Gep, Elana, and Liam for yet another park visit and coffee stop. All in all, a nice, relaxing weekend with friends for Tristen and me. Chris spent daytime hours at the Interlake work party and organizing the garage -- also very worthy endeavors.

No comments: